In a few hours the greatest spectacle after the Olympics would kick off. More than 30 teams would battle it out for the WC Champions tag. Brazil is hosting the WC after a gap of almost 65 years. Some interesting facts of the WC include;
- Use of goal line technology for the ever so controversial goals,
- Vanishing spray paints (to allow referee’s a chance to ear mark the spot for free kicks etc),
- Robots & drones for increased security,
- Eye popping $ 35 million for the winning team and $ 25 million for the runners up.
Brazil seem to be punter’s favourite.
Following are the odds to win the groups
- Group A – Brazil minus 600 (risking $6 to win $1 or 6:1 risk reward ratio)
- Group B – Spain minus 175
- Group C – Colombia minus 120
- Group D – Italy plus 120 (risking $ 1 to win $ 1.2)
- Group E – France minus 150
- Group F – Argentina minus 600
- Group G – Germany minus 200
- Group H – Belgium minus 175
Odds to win 2014 World Cup
- Brazil: 5-to-2
- Argentina: 4-to-1
- Germany: 5-to-1
- Spain: 13-to-2
- Italy: 20-to-1
There are 3 European teams in there. Not surprisingly since europeans have managed to get to the finals of every world cup sans 1.